* When I started this "Year of Service" I thought a year was a long time. * But now, as I look at my calendar and count my days left, it feels so short.
* Mid-way through the year, around February, when I was feeling lonely and really cold and just plain worn out, I felt like a year was a really, really long time.
* As I think about the relationships I've started, I want more time. In many ways, I feel like I'm just starting to know my elders.
* When I think about everything I've learned and experienced, I feel like a year must be a long time because so much has happened.
* But as I think about the things I haven't gotten to experience, it doesn't feel long enough.
I'm trying to finish my year well but truth be told, there are a lot of distractions: friends who want to hang out one last time, city things that I haven't gotten to do yet, the future to worry about, packing to start, and a sinus infection that makes me want to curl into fetal position and cry because it hurts so much.
I have just one more visit with each of my elders; one more chance to show them love.
I'd appreciate your prayers.